Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Anti-Drilling Activists Worry About Government Watch List

WICZ.com

"Anti-natural gas drilling activists gathering at Wednesday's EPA meeting have a new worry - that they could end up on a Homeland Security watch list.

"Two people that spoke today said that they're on that watch list, and all they are are people that are opposed to the gas drilling. IT would concern me to be on that list," said Kim Michels.

Wednesday, people learned that Pennsylvania's Department of Homeland Security had been paying a private company to keep track of peaceful protesters, including those who are against drilling in the Marcellus Shale. The list was also shared with the gas drilling industry.

"With terrorism, we would have to be negatively impacting people - I mean we would have to be creating terror. I'm terrorized by that fact that I might not be able to drink my water," said Ethan Roach." More>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment