Staci Matlock | The New Mexican
Posted: Friday, January 28, 2011 -
"A bill sponsored by Rep. Paul Bandy, R-Aztec, would ax the State Game Commission and merge the Department of Game and Fish with the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department.
House Bill 80 also would "sunset all boards and commissions addressing energy and natural resources issues."'...
..."Among other changes, the bill would:
- Terminate the Oil Conservation Commission, the governor-appointed board that approved a controversial oil-waste pit-rule that Gov. Susana Martinez has targeted as "bad for business."
- Terminate the Youth Conservation Corps Commission by 2017.
- Remove per diem for the 11-member state parks advisory board and terminate it in 2017.
- Remove per diem for the seven-member off-highway vehicle advisory board and terminate it in 2013.
- Terminate the Mining Safety Board in 2017.
- Leave in place a seven-member mining commission but change requirements for who is appointed by the governor. It would require no member to have a direct or indirect financial connection to any coal mining operation." More>>>>