Sunday, May 11, 2008

Jim O'Donnell Guest Blog: Oil and Gas Industry to Pay for Archaelogical Excavations in New Mexico?

"The Bureau of Land Management announced Tuesday that it has signed an agreement with the New Mexico Historic Preservation Division and the federal Advisory Council on Historic Preservation that will give oil and gas developers an option of funding excavation work and other studies rather than paying for archaeological surveys when they propose new development.


Over the past few years, I have written a number of times on my experiences as an archaeologist working on public lands in the Southwest. It wasn’t pretty."

1 comment:

  1. I really like the content of your post. .. it interest me a lot to read. I've learned a lot thanks.

    regards,
    Knuxie
    natural gas compressor

    ReplyDelete